If you experience problems with snoring, see what options in snore guards are available to you through Dr. Fasano’s office.
Do you wake up often to soreness in the jaw, headaches, or tooth pain? Do you find yourself grinding or clenching your teeth first thing in the morning? This is a condition called bruxism, which can cause a shortening of teeth and prolonged pain if not treated. A large percentage of people clench, or brux, their teeth during sleep due to an automatic or parafunctional habit.
Bruxism isn’t limited to sleep, either. Any time you clench or grind your teeth, whether during a stressful workday or driving through slow traffic, it adds to your discomfort. The longer you ignore this habit, the greater the risk of damaging or even losing some of your teeth.
For over twenty years, Dr. Fasano has helped patients in her Virginia Beach office reduce or eliminate their symptoms and protect their teeth from excess wear with professionally fabricated occlusal guards. Dr. Fasano prescribes the Astron CLEARsplint™ bite guard, with and without reinforcement, to alleviate pain from teeth clenching. This splint offers many advantages:
- The CLEARsplint™ is fabricated to fit your bite plane and self-adjusts to your mouth after being placed in warm water prior to insertion.
- The CLEARsplint™ is nearly invisible when worn. The material is amine-free, so it will not lose its translucency over time.
- The CLEARsplint™ is made of hypoallergenic materials and safe to use, and can be repaired by a dentist if needed.
- Each bite guard comes with a storage case for safekeeping.
These guards are made of very soft, comfortable material that slides into your mouth. Wearing them while you sleep will help keep you from grinding your teeth at night, and they may also be worn during the day for added protection.
With proper care, your mouth guard can last a long time and help you rest well at night and protect your teeth. Be sure to follow these instructions to ensure your night guard works.
- Store your guard on high dresser or shelf, away from pets.
- Store your appliance in its case, with case open to maintain dryness.
- Clean with soap and water daily.
- DO NOT soak in mouthwash.
- ALWAYS floss and brush before wearing night guard/day guard.
- Soak guard in 1/3 cup white vinegar and 2/3 cup of water to avoid odor once a week.